Remote Per Diem Inpatient (IP) Coder
Job Location: Remote
Supplement your Income and enjoy flexibility with HRG’s award winning culture as a PRN Inpatient Coder. Our PRN Coders have the opportunity to work remotely, maintain flexibility and earn extra income!
3+ years of inpatient coding experience for small to mid-sized PPS facilities required
3 years of outpatient facility coding experience preferred
1 + years of experience with EPIC, 3M, and/or Trucode
Previous experience working with a vendor preferred
Please note: This position does require a passing score on a skills exam.
· Review and abstract patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures for facility medical services.
· Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes.
· Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
· Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor editing systems when assigned by client.
· Provide written reports to management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
· When and if assigned by management, provide education to providers/clients regarding results of periodic chart reviews while maintaining exceptionally high degree of professionalism.
· If assigned by management, provide accurate answers to providers/clients coding and billing questions.
· Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, CPT-4 coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation. Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our clients Coding Consulting & Compliance Services, Coding OutPartnering™, and ICD-10 Consulting to meet the needs of healthcare providers from our Spokane Valley office, as well as remotely.
HRG won awards in 2016, 2017 and 2018 from Best Places to Work - for Healthcare and the Inland Northwest. When you join HRG you become part of a great culture where your contributions are valued and your work makes a direct impact.
Apply today for immediate consideration if you want to be part of a dynamic company with a great culture!