2017 Top 25 Best Places To Work In Inland NW!
Job Location: Remote
The CAH Coder will apply appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health records for claims processing, data retrieval and analysis. This position provides the unique opportunity to work on multiple projects while impacting the success of the HIM Division as an employee owner.
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive compensation and referral bonuses
- Computer equipment and coding reference resources provided
- HRG paid retirement plan - Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription / Wellness Program
- Paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Merchant discounts
- Review and abstract patient medical records. Report diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures for CAH facility medical services.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical record are coded with the appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis and ICD-10-PCS procedure codes.
- Ensure code assignment is supported by provider documentation.
- Query physician when documentation is inadequate, ambiguous or conflicting.
- Maintain extensive coding regulatory knowledge regarding abstraction of data elements for ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG, MS-DRG, POA, and where applicable APR-DRGs.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve coding and data management for Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact and communicate with multiple professional disciplines.
- Demonstrate service excellence, integrity, and initiative.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association, and adhere to official coding guidelines. Abide by AAPC Code of Ethics.
- Abide by Healthcare Resource Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Maintain production and quality standards as set forth by Healthcare Resource Group.
- Maintain coding certification and educational requirements.
CCS or RHIT certification required
3+ years of critical access (CAH) facility coding experience required