2017 Best Places To Work Winner!
Job location: Remote - Nationwide
We are seeking a skilled HIM professional to provide facility outpatient coding services for our hospital clients – Same Day Surgery, ED, Observation, and Ancillary (to include injections/infusions).
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive compensation, as well as referral bonuses
- Computer equipment and current coding reference manuals provided
- HRG paid retirement plan through Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Supplemental / Wellness Program
- Paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Leadership comprised of highly experienced HIM professionals
- Career growth opportunities
- Great culture
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our clients coding consulting & compliance services, and coding OutPartnering™ to meet the needs of healthcare providers from our Spokane Valley office, as well as remotely.
This is a significant full-time professional opportunity for an energetic, passionate HIM professional who wants to make a difference in the HIM community. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to providing extraordinary service delivered with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
- Review and abstract patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures for facility medical services.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient's medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor editing systems when assigned by the client.
- Provide written reports to management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
- When, and if assigned by management, provide education to providers/clients regarding results of periodic chart reviews while maintaining an exceptionally high degree of professionalism.
- If assigned by management, provide accurate answers to providers/clients coding and billing questions.
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of, ICD-10-CM and CPT coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding, and documentation. Maintain the strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
- RHIT, RHIA. CCS or CCS-P certification required
- 2+ years of facility coding experience in SDS, ED, Observation, Ancillary, and Injections/Infusions
- Additional experience coding for a teaching facility preferred