2017 Top 25 Best Places To Work In Inland NW!
Job Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Data Control Specialist is primarily responsible for data extracts and data loads to and from HRG and our clients. This is a production-oriented position where you will be supporting our current clients and helping provide a foundation for our future growth. Additionally, this position is numbers-oriented back-office work that requires accomplishing tasks at a high level of production, precisely following the Best Practices methods we have developed over the years. Accuracy and completeness, as well as attention to detail, are of paramount importance. There will be many demands, sometimes conflicting, and always urgent in nature. This is a moderately high-stress position.
You will log in remotely to many different clients and systems, run pre-built reports and queries to extract data from some clients or pick up pre-generated data, transfer it to our servers, edit, audit, transform and perform quality control inspection of data files, then load it into our in-house systems for further work by HRG representatives.
What HRG Offers
- Competitive compensation and referral bonuses
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee ownership
- HRG paid retirement plan - Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Benefits: medical / dental / vision / prescription / supplemental / wellness program
- PTO, sick days and paid holidays
- Great company culture
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of all clients’ data extracts
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of HRG proprietary system and database logic with regards to importing client files
- Thrives on multi-tasking, running different processes at the same time on different computers in different windows
- Interested in learning more and new systems all the time as our client base changes and systems are upgraded and improved
- Communicates with Management Level and above any client issues that arise, works collaboratively towards resolution with client/project teams
- Provides accurate and timely completion of all other tasks assigned by Management/Executive Management/C-Level
- Highly organized, punctual and reliable
- Maintains and promotes positive, open and honest interpersonal relationships with customers, patients, and internal teams.
- Provides high-quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customers’ needs.
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of Helix/Self Pay Databases
- Ensures daily clients file pulls are timely, accurate, and complete
- Adaptable to change and highly resilient
- Happy with challenges to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines – and last-minute “special requests”
- Can take “other duties as assigned” in stride, with pride, as our business rapidly grows and changes
- Two-year degree in healthcare, business or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Healthcare Revenue Cycle
- Advanced Excel function skills, such as VBA, macros pivot tables, etc.) is plus
- Ability to make independent decisions and work independently
- Ability to read documents and computer screens, potentially for extended periods of time
- Dialing and responding to telephone or in-person inquiries and daily assignments
- Sitting at a desk or computer terminal and writing, typing, 20.0 keying and coding information
- Ability to move about the office with occasional lifting, bending and reaching