2016 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
Job location: Remote - Nationwide
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our clients Coding Consulting & Compliance Services as well as Coding OutPartnering™ from our Spokane Valley office, as well as remotely.
We are seeking a skilled HIM Professional Fee / ED Coding professional with strong multi-specialty and clinic coding experience for outpatient encounters to provide coding to our health system and physician group clients. This is a significant professional opportunity for an energetic, passionate HIM professional who wants to make a difference in the HIM community.
The Professional Fee / ED Coder will apply appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health records for a variety of specialty physician and clinic services as well as ED encounters for claims processing, data retrieval and analysis.
- Review and abstract patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, and surgical procedures for professional services.
- Assign appropriate evaluation/management levels for professional and facility services.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical record are coded with appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes. When services are not documented appropriately, seek to attain proper documentation in a timely manner based upon the protocols developed by Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor editing systems when assigned by client.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Provide written reports to management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
- When, and if assigned by management, provide education to providers/clients regarding results of periodic reviews while maintaining exceptionally high degree of professionalism.
- When, and if assigned by management, provide accurate answers to providers/clients coding and billing questions on a timely basis.
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve coding and data management for Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact and communicate with multiple professional disciplines.
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of, CPT-4, ICD-10, HCPCS coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation.
- Demonstrate service excellence, integrity and initiative.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
- Abide by Healthcare Resource Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Maintain production and quality standards as set forth by Healthcare Resource Group.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive pay and referral bonuses
- Career growth opportunities
- Computer equipment and current coding reference manuals provided if needed
- HRG paid retirement planning through Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability / FSA / HSA / Wellness Program
- PTO, sick days and paid holidays
- CPC and/or CCS-P
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding systems and modifier usage
- 3+ years of coding experience with strengths in coding across multiple specialties and clinics for both outpatient and inpatient encounters, as well as Emergency Department (ED)
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and medical abbreviations
- Must be able to read text for long periods of time from printed materials / computer
- Teaching hospital coding experience (including coding for residents) is a plus