2016 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
Job location: Remote - Spokane Valley
Come join our team where you matter as a person and a professional. We offer great benefits, career growth opportunities, competitive pay, and equipment. We are an Employee-Owned company where you can put down roots and grow with a track record of promoting from within.
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our clients Coding Consulting & Compliance Services, Coding OutPartnering™, and ICD-10 Consulting to meet the needs of healthcare providers from our Spokane Valley office, as well as remotely.
We are seeking a skilled Professional Fee & Outpatient Coding Auditor to provide coding quality assessment services for our coders who provide coding and abstracting services to our hospital and physician group clients. This is a significant professional opportunity for an energetic, passionate HIM professional. As an Employee Owned Company, we are committed to providing extraordinary service delivered with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
The Professional Fee Surgical Coding Auditor will validate appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health records for claims processing, data retrieval and analysis. This position provides the unique opportunity to impact the success of the HIM Division as an employee owner.
- CPC, CCS-P or CCS certification required. Additional CPMA, RHIT or COC certification is preferred.
- 3-5 years pro-fee & facility outpatient coding auditing experience and ICD-10 training is required.
Auditing & Education Duties:
- Perform staff coding audits for multiple coders and clients
- Orient and train staff on client systems, client policies and procedures and coding guidelines
- Monitor staff productivity and conduct quality assessments of staff to ensure appropriate ICD-10- CM, CPT-4 and HCPCS codes are assigned and all data elements have been abstracted
- Assist management in quarterly staff development plans, annual performance appraisals and corrective action based on audit and education assessments
- Participate in client implementation and training sessions
- Prepare coder audit reports
- Assist management in the review of improvement of processes and identification of trends.
- Lead individuals towards desired outcome, setting high performance standards and deliverance of quality services
- Communicates clearly, proactively and concisely with employees and clients building trust and respect
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact and communicate with multiple professional disciplines
- Follow and articulate knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems
- Mentor and educate to enhance the knowledge/skill set of employees
- Demonstrate service excellence, integrity and initiative
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA
- Proficient in computer applications, multiple systems, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), remote desktops and virtual machines
- Review and abstract physician medical records to select the appropriate CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10-CM codes
- Extensive knowledge of coding regulations and knowledge of abstraction of data elements for quality reporting such as PQRS and various other initiatives
- Knowledge and experience coding both the facility and professional side of clinic encounters, emergency department, same day surgeries and outpatient ancillary services, inpatient physician stays and surgical procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge and stay abreast of ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding principles, modifier usage, anatomy & physiology, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes. When services are not documented appropriately, seek to attain proper documentation in a timely manner based upon the protocols developed by Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor editing systems when assigned by client.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental regulations and requirements.
- Provide written reports to management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve coding and data management for Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
- Abide by Healthcare Resource Group’s Code of Conduct.
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive compensation and referral bonuses
- Career growth opportunities – technical, leadership and coding new specialties
- Computer equipment, monitors and current electronic coding reference manuals provided
- HRG paid retirement plan through Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Benefits: medical / dental / vision / prescription / life / disability / FSA / Wellness Program
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick days and paid holidays
- Training & education - including continuing education