2016 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
Job Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Provides Help Desk & Desktop Support for level I & II technical issues for HRG on premise and for off-site staff. The Helpdesk Support Technician will identify, log, research and attempt to resolve technical problems or requests on first contact. Responds to phone calls, emails and Samanage web requests for technical support. Monitors incidents or requests to ensure a timely resolution. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures of the help desk industry. Must have a working knowledge of the support for client hardware (desktops, laptops, and handheld devices).
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) has been providing revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics for 20 years, both on and off site. We are all about revenue cycle and as an employee-owned company we are committed to providing extraordinary service, delivered with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
Through actions, creates a positive image of HRG to staff and others. Provides high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customers’ needs as well as communication in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide remote and on premise technical support to all HRG employees.
- Receive and log all phone calls, emails and Samanage web forms within the service desk tracking system and attempt to resolve incidents or requests on first contact when possible prior to escalating.
- Respond to telephone and email requests for assistance with hardware and/or software issues on PCs/Laptops, Tablets, and Smartphones.
- Monitor and respond to support calls within required Service Level Agreements.
- Evaluate issues by interpreting end-user problem descriptions to determine resolution or best course of action.
- Shift rotation may be required to provide coverage 365/24/7 to support IT related issues.
- Answers questions and assists with training users on various personal computer (PC) based software systems.
- Evaluate and update documented solutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Instruct users in proper use of HRG equipment and software.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Debugging of users’ home network access, modem and VPN connectivity issues via telephone. Must be able to utilize remote control tools for resolution of issues off site.
- Coordinate activities with the IT Technology and IT Applications group.
- Escalate major application problems to technology or applications group for analysis.
- Perform preventative maintenance including checking and cleaning workstations, printers and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Office 365, mobile device, printer and network problems.
- Monitor systems through monitoring software to ensure they remain in good working order.
- Assist in creating and maintaining user accounts in MS Exchange, Active Directory and network systems.
- Assist in support of the UCCX and UCCM phone system.
- Provide software to eligible users.
- Maintain and update documentation on a scheduled basis.
- Ensure unresolved problems are communicated early and escalated to management at appropriate times.
- When needed, train end users on new and updated applications.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Director or Executive Management team.
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive pay and referral bonuses
- HRG paid retirement plan through Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription / Life / Disability / FSA / HSA / Wellness Program
- Paid time off (PTO), sick days and paid holidays
- Merchant discounts
- 2 years in a helpdesk position or other technical support role; supporting Windows systems, Microsoft Office suite and mobile devices.
- A+ certification, Network+ certification or other IT certifications or training that meet requirements for this position.
- Experience installing hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards and printers, etc.
- Ability to make independent decisions on tasks along with the ability to prioritize daily workloads.
- Ability to travel by automobile or commercial transportation.
- Ability to dial and respond to telephone or in-person inquires and daily assignments.
- Ability to sit at a desk or computer terminal, writing, typing, keying, reading and coding information for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional lifting, bending and reaching.
- Contribute to a positive IT work environment that is built on hard work, collaboration, respect for each other and a desire to learn.
- Assist with new implementations and documentation.
- Ability to perform quality work within deadlines with limited supervision.
- ITIL experience.
- Project Management experience.
- VMware experience.