2016 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
Job location: Remote - Nationwide
We are seeking a skilled HIM professional to provide inpatient as well as ED (including injections/infusions) coding services for our hospital clients. This is a significant full time professional opportunity for an energetic, passionate HIM professional who wants to make a difference in the HIM community. As an Employee Owned Company, we are committed to providing extraordinary service delivered with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
- Review and abstract patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures for facility medical services.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient's medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor editing systems when assigned by client.
- Provide written reports to management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
- When and if assigned by management, provide education to providers/clients regarding results of periodic chart reviews while maintaining exceptionally high degree of professionalism.
- If assigned by management, provide accurate answers to providers/clients coding and billing questions.
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of, ICD-10-CM and volume 3 and CPT-4 coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation. Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
What HRG Offers
- Competitive compensation, as well as referral bonuses
- Computer equipment and current coding reference manuals provided
- HRG paid retirement plan through Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability / FSA / HSA / Wellness Program
- Paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our clients Coding Consulting & Compliance Services, and Coding OutPartnering™ to meet the needs of healthcare providers from our Spokane Valley office, as well as remotely.
- RHIT, RHIA. CCS or CCS-P certification required
- 2+ years of facility coding experience, to include ED and inpatient
- CPSI experience highly preferred
- Additional experience coding for a teaching facility preferred
- If you want to be part of a dynamic growing company while becoming an employee owner, please apply today for immediate consideration.