2016 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
Job Location: Travel/Remote
We are seeking a highly skilled long-term care facility auditor. This is a significant professional opportunity for an energetic, passionate HIM professional who wants to make a difference in the HIM community.
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics to meet their specific requirements, and we are proud to be employee owned. Our Optimization Division offers our clients HIM consulting and optimization services to include auditing, operations, clinical documentation improvement, education, and project management.
As an Employee-Owned Company, we are committed to providing extraordinary service delivered with the utmost integrity and professionalism. When you join Healthcare Resource Group you become an employee owner and a part of our Employee Stock Ownership Program.
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive pay and career growth opportunities
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, disability, supplemental, FSA, HSA and wellness program
- Paid time off, paid holidays, sick pay, and bereavement
- HRG paid retirement plan through the Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Laptop and Wi-Fi
- Prepaid airfare, hotel and rental car for travel through company travel site
The HIM Optimization Consultant will support our auditing, compliance, and education work for our clients, working in a multi-client and multi-project environment. Travel requirements vary, with the average being 50%-75% travel.
Key responsibilities will be auditing of long-term care facility medical records to ensure coding accuracy and completeness, perform pre-bill and retrospective coding audits and prepare related reports. Additionally, the auditor will develop education sessions related to audit findings.
- RHIA, RHIT or HIM degree required
- CCS required
- ICD-10 Train the Trainer certification preferred
- 5+ years of coding / auditing experience with at least 2 years being for a long-term care (such as Skilled Nursing Facility, Hospice and Home Health)
- Increasingly responsible HIM experience with 2+ years as a Lead or Senior Coder
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required for educational programs and client interaction
- Strong analytical and writing skills required for report development
- Supervisory/Management, Consultant, and Project Management experience preferred