2016 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
Job location: Spokane Valley, WA
The primary purpose of the Follow-Up Team is to pursue reimbursement of services rendered and achieve accounts receivable resolution. Follow-Up Team works through open accounts receivables (denials and delinquent accounts) by actively calling payer organizations or utilizing web-based connectivity. Follow-Up team manages accounts by utilizing HRG proprietary database and client HIS system(s).
Through actions, creates a positive image of HRG to staff and others.
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive compensation and referral bonuses
- HRG paid retirement plan through Employee Stock Ownership Plan and employee ownership
- Medical / dental / vision / prescription / life / disability / FSA / HSA / Wellness Program
- Paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Career growth opportunities
- Merchant discounts
- Contribute to positive business results by maintaining a workplace characterized by high performance, mutual support and respect, and teamwork.
- Regularly search for and identify opportunities for quality and process improvement resulting in improved efficiency, increased productivity, and high customer satisfaction
- Continuously ensures unresolved issues are communicated early and escalated to management at appropriate time
- Identifies development opportunities to maximize the proficiency of HRGs proprietary database.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Contact insurance carriers through website, email or telephone to resolve outstanding accounts
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex insurance denials
- Appeal and/or resubmit unresolved accounts to insurance carriers
- Research and respond to insurance correspondence
- Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues
- Status accounts correctly based on client & HRG policy to ensure accurate account action
- Analyze work list to spot trends; assess opportunities to improve account quantity
- Assist in employee training and mentorship
- Technical leader.
- Experience in healthcare follow up and/or healthcare related field.
- Proficient in health care terminology, laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 (ICD-10) and HCPCs codes.
- Proficient in Excel with Experience in Microsoft Office application.
- Proficient with data entry and multi-tasking in a Window’s environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Responsible, reliable, and accountable.
- Proficient with 10-key.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to travel by automobile or commercial transportation.
- Ability to read documents and computer screens, potentially for extended periods of time.
- Dialing and responding to telephone or in-person inquiries and daily assignments.
- Sitting at a desk or computer terminal and writing, typing, keying and coding information.
- Proficient with data entry and multi-tasking in a Window’s environment
Please apply if you are interested in becoming an employee-owner where you can make a meaningful impact with a great team!