2016 Best Places to Work in Healthcare
Job location: Spokane Valley, WA
Looking for an opportunity to make a direct impact with tangible results within a company that recognizes and values your accomplishments? Do you love to train and help others be successful? If you answered yes, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our clients coding outsourcing and compliance services from our Spokane Valley, Washington office and remotely.
We are seeking a Director of Coding Quality & Assessment to provide leadership to our inpatient, outpatient and clinic based coding audit team. The role includes management of the day to day operations for the Coding Quality & Assessment Unit as well as training, developing, and evaluating entry level and experienced coders. This is a significant professional opportunity for an energetic HIM professional who is passionate about training and developing new staff to achieve standards of excellence.
As an Employee-Owned Company, we are committed to providing extraordinary service delivered with the utmost
What HRG Offers:
- Relocation assistance for ideal candidate
- Competitive compensation and career growth opportunities
- HRG paid retirement plan - Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical / dental / vision / life / disability / FSA / HAS / Wellness Program
- Paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Merchant discounts for HRG employees
- Current coding reference manuals provided
- Continuing education hours
Certification: AAPC and/or AHIMA credentials required; RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and/or CPC certification is preferred.
Experience: Prior supervisory experience paired with 3-5 years of physician and facility coding auditing is required.
- Train, develop, and mentor auditors and coders.
- Direct staff assignments based on client needs and staff availability.
- Train staff on client systems, client policies and procedures and coding guidelines.
- Monitor staff productivity and conduct quality assessments of staff.
- Assist management in interviewing new staff.
- Assist management in quarterly staff development plans, annual performance appraisals and counseling staff.
- Assist management with new client implementations.
- Maintain a working knowledge and stay abreast of CPT-4, ICD--10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, DRG, APC, HCPCS coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding, auditing and documentation.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Provide written reports to clients and management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve coding, auditing and data management for Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact and communicate with multiple professional disciplines.
- Demonstrate service excellence, integrity and initiative.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
- Abide by Healthcare Resource Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Maintain certification(s) and educational requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.